Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Washing Up Wednesday

"Every bloody pan in the house!" is a frequent cry in the Moorhen household that I have learned to selectively unhear. I don't know why I am incapable of cooking without using a huge selection of pans, bowls and utensils and creating utter chaos in the kitchen. I have both a dishwasher and a Washing Up Fairy (aka my OH, aka The Terminator) but it seems like it never goes away and is always continually added to; as soon as one thing is washed or hidden in the dishwasher another thing takes its place. Other people manage to cook gourmet feasts with the aid of just one chopping board, knife and saucepan which miraculously get washed up as they go along but I sadly have never learned this skill.

It's no better outside either. I have tons of pots of the gardening variety waiting to be washed up before I can get really cracking with this year's seed sowing and potting on. I don't mind doing this on a sunny summer's day but the thought of putting my hands in a bucket of cold water, outside, in March leaves me cold. Quite literally. All autumn and winter I have been stacking and hiding away these pots in the hope they might just disappear or the Washing Up Fairy might just take pity on me, but to no avail.

They are hiding under my potting bench....

They are hiding behind the compost bins....

They are even sitting in full view, on top of the compost bins....

I suppose I'll just have to get on with it then. Especially as I have now completely ruined my poor husband's street cred - after being a gun-toting macho man yesterday, he's now a fairy flittering about in pinny and marigolds, and if he reads this, there is no hope for me whatsoever! After all, he does have a gun or two.....   

2 comments:

  1. Oooh don't. I have a similar pot situation and yours are MUCH cleaner than mine!! I also really should get round to washing the new greenhouse. From a distance it looks impressive but close up it's covered in thick yellowy green algae... another job to avoid until the last possible moment, which is really, er, now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clean bits showing have been washed by the rain.....and thanks for telling me about your 'green' house as I don't have greenhouse envy any more ha ha!

    ReplyDelete