Blog Header

Blog Header

Friday 23 March 2012

Funky (Chicken) Friday

Today's posting is just a total excuse to play with some funky photo effects with whacky in your face colours. I was tempted by the Funky Chicken title but wanted to add a few more of my creatures, as well as myself, hence the brackets!

Purple pinhole me

I'm no oil painting, or am I?

Impressionist Freddy

Orton style hens

Gouache Andrea

Cartoonized Marleen

Sunburst Smokey

How Monet would have painted Freckles

Neon ducks

And finally, whilst I am not 'quite' from this photographic era, I didnt find any site that was capable of emulating 1960s style photos quite the way our old 60s and 70s photos actually looked, so here's an old style one of me. I had to choose this photo as anyone who remembers me from my childhood (not many readers then!) might remember that I have been standing in this same totally drippy natural pose for the last, um, several decades. It's embarassing to realise that I haven't changed and I have to phsyically make an effort to do any other way of standing in front of a camera. But hey, I guess this is me, and I'm unlikely to change now!

For a true 70s likeness photo I would have needed that tree growing out of my head

Although there are a number of photo effects on the latest Picasa, I prefer this easy to use site for fun effects.

10 comments:

  1. This one ticks all the boxes, Mandy.

    Thank you SO MUCH for the link to befunky. I've worn my pore old brane out trying to remember which image processing applications have which FX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be Funky is just brilliant fun - I'm glad it will be useful to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you in the last photo? Obviously by the sea (or a lake), my guess is Greece based on the vegetation.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doug - believe it or not, it is Brittany! Same department as where I live at my favourite beach Port Mer near Cancale. I'll post the original on G+ so you can see. My profile photo on G+ was taken at the same place on the same day.

      Delete
  4. I have never used Picasa or befunky, but I had a quick look at the befunky website and I think I might make use of the pseudo HDR effect. Seems a lot easier than manually trying to simulate each effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with your continued daily themed blog this week I particually liked "Freckles"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet post! Don't know if you read mine from late last night but I'm also planning some pictures for today's post. It's only 8:30am though, so I only have a few for right now =) I like your cat smokey and the cool effect done on andrea the chicken. I'm a pretty big cat lover.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Polly - thanks - yes I read it so I am looking forward to seeing your post today!

      Jenson and Colly - thanks for you comments :-)

      Delete
  7. Your natural pose is much less drippy than mine. I stand knock kneed and floppy handed. I like Andrea the chicken too. I have to say I rather like the whole Hipstamatic camera aging effect thing. I liked polaroids because of their less than perfect appearance and they've done away with them too. Not heard of befunky... will go and have a look. (Not that I don't have anything more pressing to do like DIGGING AND MORE DIGGING. ARGH.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somewhere I've got a photo of me aged about 7 in exactly the same pose with droopy arms that don't know what to do with themselves. I'd like to see your natural pose - when are you going to post that on your blog? :-) I guess we all think we look awful but perhaps it does not appear as bad to other people (I hope).

      Delete