Blog Header

Blog Header

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Four letter c word

I've been blogging for over a month now and haven't yet said that naughty word.



CAKE!!!

You didn't really think I meant something else did you? Shame on you!

Actually this is supposed to be chocolate brownies, but I was seduced by a recipe that used 6 eggs and lots of walnuts, both of which I have in abundance, so that made rather a lot of mixture which was a bit too much for my largest high sided baking tray. So it ended up as chocolate brownie cake which is about 2 inches high! I was worried it might be overcooked but in fact the crunchy outer bits are possibly even better than the squidgy inner bits, so this is a hit. Most of it is now in the freezer - even I can't eat that much!

For your information it doesn't contain any courgettes, or beetroot. You'll have to wait until summer for naughty four letter c words like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment