Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday 12 February 2024

Provence Trip June/July 2023 - Part 6 Bormes les Mimosas

The village of Bormes les Mimosas, near Le Lavandou, is a few kilometres inland from its port, called La Favière, which was where we were camping. We have stayed at the Camp du Domaine several times before and it is right on the beach. It's one of the largest and most expensive campsites we have ever been to and doesn't even have a pool, but the sea swimming there is just fabulous as there's not a stone or pebble when you walk from the golden sandy beach right out into the water, which slopes shallowly. So we reckon it is worth a splurge every now and again for three or four days!

We took the bus up to the village which is in the hills and is one of the prettiest places I have ever visited, because it's just dripping in Bougainvillea, Plumbago and other flowering plants!


Our route from Entrevaux:






I love the ochre and terracotta colours of these buildings, especially with the pale green shutters, a common colour in Provence.










A good excuse to have lunch out!








Two old geezers sitting in the shade.


A wander around the ports of La Favière and Le Lavandou in the next post.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely area. Those flowers on the walls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... gorgeous!!! A painting in every direction :-) (Marianne in AZ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marianne! Now I wish I could paint! :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh what a gorgeous village - wonderful photos and I love all the brightly coloured flowers. It looks as though you had a super day out. Look forward to hearing about the ports in the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Caroline. I looked back over old photos and it is the second time we visited this village, although third time at the campsite. It's not a place I could get bored of at all. There are so many little streets going off in all directions and I am sure we have only discovered a small part of it!

      Delete
    2. Now why did I appear as Anon there, when I had my name appearing for my other replies? Mandy!

      Delete