Blog Header

Blog Header

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Some pics of our new house

A few pictures of our new home....... first however, I’d just like to thank those of you who commented on the previous post. For some reason, Blogger and iPad are refusing to let me post in the comments section so I can’t say thanks individually. I’m in England at the moment so I can’t use my desktop computer.


The following was taken on our first visit, when the weather was awful. The second visit the sun shone for us so we could see the pool and view in all their glory! Note the perfect gravel with not a weed in sight! šŸ˜„


Across the quiet lane from the house, looking south east towards the Corbieres, with the peak of Bugarach just visible. Incidentally, there is an LPO (Bird Protection League) vulture feeding station near Bugarach which will be great to visit when the vultures are being fed - we have witnessed this in Spain and it’s pretty cool!


This is me at a campsite at Tarascon sur Ariege where we spent a few days relaxing after the house viewings. The campsite was up in the mountains proper, yet only an hour from our new house! The Ariege was so green in comparison to the parched lands around Carcassone; green means wildflowers and butterflies, which as you know, makes me happy. However I love seeing the dry Mediterranean landscape too. (I have to stop here as in the edit section where I put the blog post together, I can’t see anything except in the html bit, so I can’t add anymore photos/text!).







10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful house and pool, very envious!

    Philippa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Philippa, finally able to reply! Lovely to hear from you. I can't wait to move but we've got another two months wait! Won't be using the pool until next year. If you are ever down this far we will have a guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom..... :-) xx

      Delete
    2. Very tempted Mandy! xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely house and a swimming pool too :) It looks a lovely area and the vultures exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, lovely to hear from you and thanks for still checking my poor old blog! Yes vultures are so exciting to see, all the fauna and flora are so different and I look forward to learning about all the new species, especially all the trees and wildflowers which are very different (more towards the Med than here but even so there will be new birds and flutterbies). xx

      Delete
  3. The house and area look fantastic, and with aircon & a pool I am looking ~very~ enviously at the sort of temperatures and sun hours you can expect in the summer.

    Knowing nothing of the house buying system in France - how long before you complete and move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, thanks for commenting - I did read your comment from a while back but I never could get myself into the mood for replying, sorry. I remember following your blog for a while but then I think it went private - or am I thinking of another blog? Anyway good to hear from you.

      House buying usually takes about 3 months, it can be done in 2 or 2.5 if you are not getting a mortgage but that does involve a lot of chasing the notaire as they seem to leave everything until the last few weeks! We allowed 3.5 months actually due to having to go house buying and then organising the move to coincide with buying the next house - in France you have to go to the notaire's office to sign the sale contract and hand over keys etc, then do the same to buy your next house so it is a bit more complicated. We have everything organised that we buy our new house two days after selling this one so we and the removals people have time to drive down south. So we are moving mid November!

      Delete
    2. Still sounds more certain than the horror that is buying/selling in this country. Good luck with it all.

      Yes, you did visit and comment (thank you) at Bag End a while back. I don't think I went private, but I may have gone on 'hiatus' for a while. Trying to post regularly now, as there is lots going on. (Apparently bad form to put a link in a comment, so if you click on my name it takes you to the Blogger profile, which has a link to the blog šŸ˜„)

      Delete