I have been tagged in a meme by the lovely Jac of Reflections in Raindrops - a blog name that I adore as it's something I'm always striving to photograph!
Well this meme word is quite a new one to me and I don't really know how to use it, so I'll just explain for anyone else who doesn't understand, that it's something like when I have received a blog award (only there is no actual award here); you just answer some questions about yourself and then nominate some blogs to pass it all on to. It's a way of helping to promote other blogs.
The rules are really simple:
- Post five random facts about yourself.
- Choose five deserving blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate and link into your post.
- Tell your nominees that they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Answer the five questions the tagger has asked.
- Ask five questions of your chosen nominees.
- No tag-backs.
Five Random Facts about me:
I'm sure I did one of these before when I received a blogger award last year. I may be repeating myself.
1. My motto seems to be "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow"
2. I loathe autumn, particularly the months of November and December. Winter is not so bad!
3. The thought of anything pink decor-wise in my house repulses me, yet it's my favourite flower colour!
4. I was born in Fiji and for a period of time whilst living in England I was classed as an 'Alien'. Yes, officially! :-)
5. I once met Lonnie Donnegan and he said I made a nice cup of tea!
The Five Blogs I've chosen:
Sarah's blog A little slice of Eden
This is a true gardening blog and Sarah not only features her own beautiful English garden but also other gardens that she visits.
Kim's blog Mantid Microcosm
The only non gardening blog, but a blog about the tiny insect life living within Kim's Australian garden.
Miss Ladybug's blog and website Miss Ladybug's Garden
Miss Ladybug has a great blog full of gardening hints and tips and many recipes for preserving.
Steve's blog Mr Tomato King
Steve knows everything there is to know about growing tomatoes and his blog is full of helpful tips.
Brittanygirl's blog Living in 22
This blog is just about what it says in the title; it's about BG's life in dept 22 (Cotes d'Armor) in Brittany, France. She keeps livestock, grows veggies, has a polytunnel and takes lovely photos of everything and anything.
Questions to answer:
1. What, if anything, have you done that you have later regretted?
I guess it must be the time my 14 year old friend and neighbour taught 17 year old me how to inhale cigarette smoke properly.
2. What do you consider to be your worst habit?
Question 1 will give you a clue. Yes, I'm one of those smelly smokers. Yeah, I know!
3. What is your favourite thing to do to relax?
It was pottering about the garden but now it's pottering about the garden taking photos!
4. If you could travel back in time and spend a year living in another time, what era would you choose and why?
I'd go back to the punk era 77/78 as that was probably the most fun time in my life - although I had to go to college and study for exams at the time there was also plenty of time to have a ball before serious stuff like having to work started!
5. Post up one picture that you feel defines your 2012
This photo sums up my year because it's of my 'wildflowers for pollinators' meadow, which was an experiment last year I started in an area of my veg patch, to see just what interesting species of pollinating insects would come to visit from a packet of seeds that I sowed.
It covers my love for flowers, my new found interest in all things buggy, my new(ish) love of photography, and being sited in my veg patch covers my love for veg growing too, in a roundabout way!
My 5 questions for you:
1. When did you first get interested in gardening? (or for Kim, bugs)
2. If money was no object and you could travel to any ONE place in the world, where would you go, and why?
3. Do you have any plans for 2013 that involve something that you didn't do in 2012?
4. What is your favourite comfort food?
5. Which book are you reading at the moment?